The National Service Scheme (NSS) was launched on 24 September 1969 by Dr. Vijayendra Kasturi Ranga Varadaraja Rao.
This Scheme is a government-sponsored public service program that is conducted by the ministry. The goal of this Scheme is to enhance and develop a student’s personality through community service. NSS makes an association of youth in colleges, Institutions, Universities, and also in some schools who are working for a community, especially those who have an excellent linkage to villages. The students under NSS are supposed to put two years of their services and their education. Under the NSS scheme, students must provide 120 hours of service every year, and they should participate in at least two of the particular camp’s programs held by the National Service Scheme
- The sole purpose of this was to create socio-economic progress that would also allow the students to understand, rethink, and appreciate the communities’ challenges. It should awaken their social consciousness and inculcate in them a basic sense of dignity .
- The main objective of the National Service Scheme is to help the students to teach a democratic attitude along with the confidence to lead
- The Scheme aims to make the students learn about the importance of sharing responsibilities and creating an attitude that boosts the idea of living together.
- Their purpose is to ensure that obligations such as social and civic responsibilities are also developed in the students
- The students need to learn and have an understanding of the part they play in society
- Organizational skills play a vital role too, and hence, this Scheme has an aim to focus on them
- This Scheme will help the students to teach the strength to handle emergency or challenging situations with calm.
- It aims to develop practical knowledge and skills in the students so that they can face and find a solution to any hurdle or difficulty in their life
- The expertise and the in-depth analysis of the environment they work and live in
- To develop a sense of responsibility and pointing out the problems faced by society
- The Scheme also aims to help the children in practicing social harmony
VIVEK PG COLLGE RUNNING 2 UNITS OF NSS SINCE 2006.THROUGH NSS PROGRAM WE DO MANY ACTIVITES FOR STUDENTS SUCH AS.
Activities that take place under the National Service Scheme (NSS)?
- A lot of adventure programs take place
- The plantation is one of the prevalent activities
- Blood donation is one of the critical activities that take place
- Another one of the prominent activities is the National Integration Camp
- Disaster Management